Like me, you might be yearning to surrender more to the flow of life, but you find it hard to let go of the feeling that you need to take action (or else how will anything happen!?).
I haven’t solved this conundrum for myself yet, but here are a few inspirations that I have found helpful.
2. "You don’t have to strain so, trying to get your revelations. Your next step, the answer to the question you’ve been mulling about--the direction for the next stage of your growth, where you will live next, what you need to do next about work, money, or that problem you’ve been struggling with--will come.
If you’re fussing and straining, you may not hear it. Don't worry about getting all your agenda for the years ahead. That is not how this process works. In order to participate in this more magical way of life, trust that all you need to know will be revealed to you when it is time.
Relax. You’re on a journey of discovery.
Let life reveal itself to you."
3. "A truly good man does nothing,
Yet nothing is left undone.
A foolish man is always doing,
Yet much remains to be done"
- Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching, Chapter 38
4. "You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction.
Perform work in this world, Arjuna, as a man established within himself -- without selfish attachments, and alike in success and defeat."
- Vyasa, Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 2
With that, I hope the new year brings you harmony and abundance.
Stay tuned for fun events, new Packable Jackets, and more inspiration for a joyful and connected life.
P.S. If you have any tips that have helped you live surrendered & successful, send them my way! I’d love to hear how you do it :)